Recycled water at Green Square
Green Square Water reuses 900,000 litres of stormwater every day through its sustainable, state-of-the-art recycled water system. That’s 328 million litres every year. We provide apartments, offices and businesses with a secure and environmentally friendly source of water for everyday household and business use and to sustain valuable parks and green space.
Aspects of the system
- 1 Stormwater harvesting
- Local stormwater passing through the Green Square precinct is harvested by the sustainable water network.
- 2 Stormwater screening
- Plastics, rubbish and debris are taken out of the stormwater.
- 3 Five purification processes
- Stormwater undergoes five purification processes, including Ultrafiltration and Reverse Osmosis (RO). Water is purified to the highest Australian standards.
- 4 Stored recycled water
- Recycled water is stored for use in the community. It has no odour, is clear in colour and safe for use.
- 5 Air cooling
- Recycled water is used for air cooling apartments, offices and shops.
- 6 Irrigation
- Recycled water is used for irrigating lawns, gardens, parks and fields.
- 7 In the home
- Recycled water is used for toilet flushing, washing machines and garden watering.